Where the Wild Things Are

I love photography. I love wallpaper. I love squirrels.


Therefore, I love Catherine Ledner's series of adorable animal portraits, mysteriously titled Catherine's Animals. Mainly the squirrel portraits, naturally, but the rest of the catalogue is almost as adorable.


From the exotic to the spiky to the delightfully domestic, it's surprisingly uplifting to see animals asserting their personality on film.


There's a strange corner of my brain that automatically names animals (and inanimate objects, but that's a story for another day), and gives them little life stories. This is Percy the Hedgehog and his friend Herbert the Woodchuck. They went to college together and now run their own acclaimed landscape design business.


I'd also like to introduce you to Betty the Donkey and Elena the Deer. These little ladies went to high school together. Elena was prom queen. Betty was not.


George the Bulldog and his sister Sophie the Chicken never quite saw eye to eye. George always suspected that Sophie was adopted, whilst Sophie, ever the beauty queen, simply assumed that George was a little on the unattractive side.

And thus concludes the disturbing insight into the bizarre workings of my brain.

That is all.



13 comments:

Samantha Chow said...

adorable!

Unknown said...

ha! they're brilliant! love the hedgehog one.

Brandi said...

I love your stories. They're absolutely hysterical and really were a perfect way to start my day. And the photos are awesome. Is it wrong that I want to hug the hedgehog?

T1T2 said...

i love this!

Heather Leavers said...

cute - and much enhanced by your stories!

Pixel Wild Child said...

Just fantastic! I love them all.. well... especially that donkey! I want to hug him! ;O)

Laura | The Journal of Cultural Conversation said...

Love this! It also happens to be the title of one of my favorite books. Hope your'e well Kit!

Katherine Woodfine said...

love it!

IKS said...

so cute, i cant tell which one i like more :)

bri. said...

i think i just fell in love. WHY ARE THESE SO PERFECT!?

BRI'S DESIGN LOVE FEST


John Woo said...

wow, amazing creatures
lol
made me smile, thanks

Elle said...

Thanks for brightening my morning :D

Lindsay said...

Oh how cute!!!
:)