Friday Fashionistas

I envy people who can pull of bold, unconventional looks with an air of supreme confidence. Those who don't give a damn what anyone else thinks, because they know they're rocking their own look. A lovely local lady is often cited in this category, and I simply can't go past giving her a much deserved mention...Miss Skye of Skylark and Son fame. She pulls together the most amazing looks, all with adorable (and stylish) child in tow. I can barely get myself sorted of a morning, so I'm in awe of her obvious multitasking skills and keen eye for all things vintage.

Slightly further afield, John Galliano has been rocking the catwalk with some zany headpieces and cotton candy hair, but with a line that is actually quite delicate and feminine. Bold red and black contrasts soon give way to floral prints and pastel silks, and although I have no chance of pulling off any of these looks (headpiece or no headpiece), methinks this is one of Galliano's most wearable collections in quite some time.

Another look that I'd love to get away with comes from the recent Wunderkind Spring 09 collection. I can't even pinpoint what's so appealing about this crazy, eclectic little collection, but perhaps that's why I love it so.


Happy weekend lovelies!

3 comments:

K.Line said...

Skye is a force of style, that's for sure!

STEFANIE said...

she has great style!
And you're right, Galliano was more wearable than ever! I love the last 2 dresses ^-^

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I have travel fever, those pictures look amazing, I'm about ready to go anywhere and everywhere (finances permitting)...